How would it feel to start your day motivated?
It would be great, wouldn’t it?
Surprisingly, it wouldn’t take much to get motivated every day. All it needs is for you to perform daily habits that motivate you for success; every day.
Motivation is the reason you carry out any action. It is the desire that helps you act in the service of a particular goal. Motivation comes in different forms; it can either be intrinsic (driven by internal rewards), extrinsic (motivated by external rewards).
Motivation involves the biological, emotional, social, and cognitive forces that activate behavior. In everyday usage, the term "motivation" is frequently used to describe why a person does something. It is the driving force behind human actions. It is an urge to behave or act in a way that will satisfy certain conditions, such as wishes, desires, or goals.
Drives and Motives
Motivations are commonly separated into drives and motives. Drives are primarily biological, like thirst, hunger, sleepiness, and the need to reproduce all of which lead us to seek out and take part in certain activities. Drives are believed to originate within a person and may not require external stimuli to encourage the behavior. Motives, on the other hand, are primarily driven by social and psychological mechanisms, such as work, family, and relationships. They include factors like praise and approval.
Both drives and motives can be manipulated by stimulation and deprivation. Motivation can be stimulated by uncomfortable or aversive conditions or events or by attractions to positive or pleasurable conditions or events. We also become motivated when we’re deprived of something that we want or need, like adequate nutrition or social contact.
Importance of Motivation
The importance of motivation is obvious. We need motivation in order to reach our goals. In fact, it is one of the most important and driving factors for us to reach our goals. So when that being said it is not hard to imagine how things would be if there was no such thing as motivation.
Motivation does not have to be positive emotions. Fear can be a very effective motivating factor. Stress is an example of negative motivating ineffective feelings. Most people have a tendency to become narrow sighted when they are stressed, some even get paralyzed or apathy.
How to Get Motivated and Take Action
Many people struggle to find the motivation they need to achieve the goals they want because they are wasting too much time and energy on other parts of the process. If you want to make it easy to find motivation and get started, then it helps to automate the early stages of your behavior.
Learning how to motivate yourself is one of the most powerful skills you can develop. It makes it a lot easier to stop procrastinating, decrease inner resistance, and work hard instead. Most of us have a ton of dreams or goals, whether it's in our personal life or at work, but the hardest part is finding the drive to get to where we want to be. Luckily, there are a number of habits that can help you stay motivated, and making these a part of your daily life can help you reach the success you desire.
“Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. You have to be strong and courageous and know that you can do anything you put your mind to. If somebody puts you down or criticizes you, just keep on believing in yourself and turn it into something positive.” – Leah LaBelle
Here Are Effective Daily Habits That Can Help You Develop a Life-Long Ability to Stay Motivated Every Day.
1. Daily goal setting. To stay motivated with your bigger goals and become successful with them, you should set daily goals and plan your day accordingly. When you plan out your day as carefully as possible, your chances of successfully accomplishing your goals are high. Daily goal setting is an integral part of any successful routine because it allows us to weigh and analyze just where we stand on a day-to-day basis. Since it’s easy to lose sight of our long-term goals, especially when dealing with the millions of distractions in our lives, daily goal setting allows us to stay on track and on point.
2. Being Proactive. A proactive person is someone who can anticipate challenges before they occur. On the road to success, acquiring the habit of being proactive is very important. You can identify and create innovations, set and achieve long term goals, mitigate the effects of future incidents or accidents, save money and time, and so on.
3. Treat yourself. To keep your flame flickering during the weekly grind, consider treating yourself to a promotion. As long as you spend within reason, consider habitually tying a reward like a bottle of wine or nice dinner to a tough weekly project.
4. Don’t run away from responsibilities. When you start taking responsibility, you save yourself enormous time and energy that’s generally wasted in shifting blame. Soon as you grow accountable, you start taking relevant decisions and cut fluff and clutter from your life. People become more motivated when they know that they are accountable for the outcome. So, be responsible and do everything keeping in mind that the output depends on your own efforts.
5. Meditate for 10 Minutes. This gives them balance and poise, before beginning their working day. Although there are different forms of meditation, the simplest method is to just close your eyes… control your breathing… and let your thoughts settle. And like most things in life, the more you practice meditation, the easier it will become for you. To easily get to a meditative state try listening to Meditation Music. It let your mind and body rest, giving you the opportunity to let go of any stress and anxiety, open your heart, and connect to the moment.
6. Celebrate Wins. If you’re constantly waiting for a long-term payoff, you forget how crucial all the little wins are. And it can be challenging to stay motivated and on top of things if there’s no reward in sight. Treat yourself with small things and don’t underestimate how gratifying it can feel to recognize tiny advancements.
7. Remain Positive. Successful and motivated people are never negative. These people are always positive and surround themselves with other positive people. A negative mindset has a huge impact on motivation and productivity. Whereas a positive mindset can not only keep you motivated and productive, it can drastically improve your entire life. Remaining positive in every situation and learning to control negative feelings can be extremely impact on how much you accomplish.
“For Every Reason, It’s Not Possible, There Are Hundreds Of People Who Have Faced The Same Circumstances And Succeeded.”
What to Do If You Lose Motivation?
Setbacks are normal, but developing resilience can help you carry on and pick up where you left off. Here are some tips to help you find your motivation again:
- Review your goals and see if they are realistic in the timeframe you have set. You may need to break your goal down further into smaller and more achievable goals.
- Remember why you wanted to get motivated or reach that goal in the first place.
- Take motivation from others – feel inspired by reading a book, talking to your mentor or friends, or family who has reached similar goals to the ones you have set.
- Sometimes you just need to take a break and start afresh
Final Thoughts on Staying Motivated
Success is a hard and tedious road that requires a lot of sacrifices and hard work. In order to be successful in any endeavor, you will have to acquire good habits, and this process can be long and tedious. Doing the hard work necessary for acquiring good habits is a must for anyone that wants to be successful in any business endeavor.
You can remain constantly motivated by developing habits that ensure that you spend your energy on the things that matter and surround yourself with people and environments that feed your energy rather than draining it. By changing the way that you do things you can ensure that you have more than enough energy to do the things that matter.
“Stay true to yourself, yet always be open to learn. Work hard, and never give up on your dreams, even when nobody else believes they can come true but you. These are not cliches but real tools you need no matter what you do in life to stay focused on your path.”
So start incorporating these habits in your daily routine, you will remain highly motivated and will have a successful day.
Are there any key activities or habits you’ve found to stay highly motivated in life? I’d love to hear from you. Please share your experiences and views in the comment box.
P.S- You Can Combine Yoga Equipment, Meditation Music or Meditation Tools to boost and to gain more from your Yoga and meditation practice.