Yoga has been proven to relieve stress by using exercises that unify the mind, body, and spirit. If you are new to yoga, these seven tips will start you on the road to a more centered life.
We have gathered 7 Yoga Tips for Beginners, to start your Yoga path
The Seven Yoga Tips:
1. Talk to your doctor and explain what type of yoga poses you intend to practice. Show your doctor pictures of the poses for illustration. Your doctor may rule out specific poses if you have high blood pressure, glaucoma, a history of retinal detachment, or heart disease. Make sure you follow your doctor’s recommendations.
2. The second of seven Yoga Tips is to Find a yoga class that best fits your abilities. Talk to prospective teachers, and decide whether or not you can handle a program before you sign up. It’s very important to take it one step at a time. Try a few beginner classes before you attempt more vigorous classes. Don’t move ahead too quickly. Allow your body to adjust to your exercises.
3. Listen to your body and be aware of your physical abilities. You don't want to hurt yourself. Make sure the instructor understands your level of experience and any limitations you may have. Don’t allow anyone to push you ahead too quickly. Remember, this is supposed to be fun and relaxing.
“Yoga is a light, which once lit will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter your flame.” - B.K.S. Iyengar
Are you ready for some more Yoga Tips? Let continue...
4. The forth of seven Yoga Tips is If you can’t find a class that meets your needs, you can always practice yoga at home. There are many books, programs, and tapes available to help you get started. Search for the best yoga products on the Internet and read reviews. Talk to others for recommendations.
5. Why not try private lessons? You can book some one-on-one sessions with a teacher in your area. Most yoga instructors offer private classes or can help you design your own program. This is a good way to get started. You can always take group lessons or practice at home after you’ve had private lessons and learned the basics.
6. One of the seven Yoga Tips is to Find a yoga buddy. It’s nice to practice with someone and it will help reduce injuries. It’s also a great way to keep up your enthusiasm and interest.
“The nature of yoga is to shine the light of awareness into the darkest corners of the body.” - Jason Crandell
7. Eat lightly before practice. Wait at least two hours after meals before yoga class or practice. An empty stomach is best, but don’t let yourself get too hungry to think. You won't be able to focus on the poses or enjoy yourself during the relaxation or meditation exercises.
Now that you know those seven Yoga Tips it's time to grab your mat and a towel and get the most out of your yoga exercises.
If you are new to Yoga, or even an Advenced practioner, you may find your next yoga mat, Yoga strap or Yoga block in our Shop.
Finding this Yoga Tips helpful? Write us a comment, or Share those Yoga Tips on Facebook or Twitter so your friends and family can enjoy too!Want to know more Yoga Tips, and information, Subscribe to Healing Waves.