Self-Empowerment: 11 Ways To Live Life Well
Like anything else, it takes practice to cultivate ongoing good life. In a sense, we have to reset our baseline. It won't happen overnight, but we can practice it every day to discover the secrets of living a good life.
Living a good life depends on what matters to you. Take the time to define your values, priorities, and goals for life. Work to fulfill the desires you want to achieve. Build your relationships and be a good family member and friend. Serve your community and mankind and stay true to yourself.
A life well-lived comes out of a curious blend of optimism, practical wisdom and an openness to accepting and facing whatever shows up, good or bad. Sometimes you need to fight what comes against you, sometimes you just need to go with the flow; learning what to do in different situations and seasons is an art you'll spend your whole life learning. I really do believe that all things we face are blessings in various forms, though we often can't see the good until much later.
“The most important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle. The essential thing is not to have conquered but to have fought well.”
Pierre de Courbertin
11 Ways To Live Life Well
1. Enjoy coffee. Coffee is rich in antioxidants, polyphenols and a recently identified compound called phenylindane, which may help fend off Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. The longest-living people drink between two and four cups a day, and it should be consumed without sugar or processed syrups, and shouldn’t be too milky. Dark-roasted contains more beneficial ingredients.
2. Be giving. Find ways, even if they are small, to give to others. Stop to talk with someone and lend an ear, offer to assist a friend in need, or volunteer at a local charity. You will begin to view your own problems with a new perspective, and you will feel better about yourself by realizing that you can make a difference in the lives of others.
3. Create memories. Research shows that experiences make us much happier than things. Even when activities and outings don’t turn out as perfectly as we’d hoped, people will remember the good times, not the disappointments.
4. Smile. You can trick your brain to feel happy with a very easy exercise: Just smile. This result is due to neuro-linguistic programming, where an “anchor” or trigger cues the brain to feel the same feelings it had the last time those muscles were used.
5. Appreciate what you have. Being grateful doesn’t mean being happy all the time. It simply means that you can recognize that things will get better during hard times and that you will come out on the other side. It means you can see the good when others can’t and that your positive outlook permeates most of life’s challenges..
“Sacrifice is a part of life. It’s supposed to be. It’s not something to regret. It’s something to aspire to.”
6. Realize that you are enough. You don’t really need anyone to make you feel good and to start living, so stop waiting for them. That’s just another excuse that keeps you from dealing with things. There may be a void inside you, but another person won’t fill it. You need to fix your relationship with yourself first — to start loving, appreciating and accepting yourself for the person you are. Ultimately, many of these things can be done alone once you build up your self-esteem and courage and accept that being alone and being you is a great gift.
7. Eat right. Healthy eating is tougher now than ever. The average supermarket or restaurant is packed with unhealthy choices that cause weight gain and sap energy. Over time, making poor food choices can cause disease and illness. Eat natural foods often and organic when you can. Build your plate around lean protein, healthy fats and plant-based foods. Cut out the junk. You’ll find that once you think about healthy eating as eating simply, it will be easier to eat more good, real food and cut out the bad stuff.
8. Sleep well. While skipping out on a good night’s sleep every now and then isn’t going to hurt, making a habit of restless nights and tiring days can wreak havoc on your health. So sleep better by setting a sleep schedule, minimizing distractions, sleeping in a dark room, and listening to Deep Sleep Music.
9. Crystalize clarity through meditation. Meditation can be an amazing practice for mental health and clarity. Meditation is a commonly used practice to take breaks from the hustle and bustle of life to get back in tune with your inner self. If you are new to meditation, start slowly and ease yourself into the practice. Find a comfortable and quiet place where you are able to relax fully. If you don’t have time to start an hour-long meditation, begin with just 10 minutes. Listen to your body. Remember, meditation takes practice just like everything else so start slowly with a goal in mind.
10. Life changes, be adaptable and enjoy the process. Life is full of unexpected turns, many of which seem unfair and even devastating. Learn to trust that there is an inherent wisdom and purpose to all that happens, even when it's the last thing you expected or wanted. Go with what the current season demands of you and grow with it, it will equip you in ways you never expected.
11 Find a self-care ritual. It’s easy to neglect self-care in a fast-paced world. But your body carries your thoughts, passions, and spirit through this world, doesn’t it deserve a little TLC? Maybe it’s unwinding your workweek with a long, hot bath. Or adopting a skin care routine that makes you feel indulgent. Or simply setting aside a night to put on your softest jammies and watch a movie from start to finish.
“Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark in the hopeless swaps of the not-quite, the not-yet, and the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish in lonely frustration for the life you deserved and have never been able to reach. The world you desire can be won. It exists … it is real … it is possible … it’s yours.”
Remember that life is much more than mere existence. It can be fully satisfying, productive, loving and enriching. To achieve a well-lived life, one of solid well-being, be willing and ready to act with courage, enthusiasm, commitment and determination.
What are your ideas on how to live a better life? I'd love to read them in the comments.
P.S- You Can Combine Yoga Equipment, Meditation Music or Meditation Tools to boost and to gain more from your Yoga and meditation practice.